Home Improvements Union is an award-winning design and build firm that specializes in kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, finished basements, attics, home additions, garages, whole house renovations, deck remodeling, siding installation, window and door replacements in Nashville. We are committed to developing long-term relationships with our customers. We will exceed expectations and gain your trust through superior performance by every member of our team in Nashville. We pride ourselves on bringing professionalism to a trade that has a well-earned, poor reputation.
There are many people who take for granted the importance of bathroom mirror. Most of the time they almost forget to clean or redecorate it.
What they don not know is that mirrors are one of the important fixture in a bathroom because this is where your grooming ceremonies takes place. And bathroom mirrors can create a certain glow and elegance to your bathroom.
Maybe most of the people really do not know how to decorate or remodel their mirror. Here are some of the tips on how you can remodel your mirror.
Mirror should be matched with your vanity at home. You have to choose the right shape for your mirror. And one of the best shapes of mirror is the oval shape. This can provide a certain kind of elegance that no other mirror can provide. Experts say that oval mirror should be plain and no frame. This compliments any kind of vanity that you have in your house.
Bathroom mirror may also have etched. You can those manufacturers for free quotes. White color etching is the best for mirror. There are several designs like fishes, mermaids and many other designs that are used in etching mirrors. And circle is the best shape for those mirrors with etching.
You can also install mirrors that has frame. Metals, woods or any other type of materials are can use for framing mirror. If you use a wooden frame this can achieved an antique look for your bathroom. And if you want a modern look it is better to use a metal frame. You can easily change the frame and remodel the mirror. There are also homeowners who spray various shades of paint on the frame. IN this way you will be able to show your artistic ability.
Mirrors are can be sold in various shapes. You can try installing square shaped mirror for better effects for your bathroom. There are also circular and oval shape mirror that you can always try.
Bathroom mirrors are can be sold in different sizes. If you are already used of using a particular size you can always try to use the bigger one and check in which size you find so comfortable to use. If you only use a mirror in putting make-up a small mirror will do. There are also medium size mirror which are mostly paired with vanity. There are also big sizes that are usually installed with those big bathrooms.
These are just some of the things that you need to consider in purchasing mirror that will fit your bathroom. And it is up to you to follow these.
Remodeling Dos and Don'ts
Remodeling is tricky business. Some builders think it's harder than new construction! And, in some ways it is. You have to match existing conditions and sometimes this means trying to stick a square peg in a round hole! Depending on how old and what kind of shape your building is in... will determine how you remodel it. A real colonial home (I mean one built in the 1700's not a "colonial reproduction") for example has construction techniques that aren't used (or rarely) anymore like hand laid stone foundations, hand-blown glass, hand carved mouldings and clapboards and post and beam construction.
10 Step - Quick Start Check List
1 Take stock of what you GOT!!!
- What kind of shape is your home in?
- Are utilities upgraded?
- Is the structure solid?
- Do you have enough space to work within the existing walls?
- Gather your ideas - magazine articles - books - photos
- Figure out the style - color - look that you want
- Write down a half page vision statement for the look and feel of the job.
- Traditional - modern - white - eclectic - country - high tech?
- Do you need more space or can a more efficient layout do the job?
- Planning is key - who will design and specify the plans for your remodel?
- Architect? Designer? Interior Designer? Design/Builder?
- Who will process the permits? (sometimes a bigger job than you might think!)
- Who will build it? o Who will do the fine finishing's - colors - curtains - art hanging
- Line 'em all up early
- Overdo the planning! The more you figure out things on the front end the better the pricing, speed and quality of the job! o Make a simple model - use foam core board
- Draw elevations of all walls in the kitchens and bathrooms.
- Specify the flooring, the trim carpentry, the cabinets, the back splash, the ceiling detail, the windows and doors, the fixtures and appliances.
- Think about where the mechanical systems will go - heat/AC - plumbing - electric
- Don't forget about low voltage wiring - phones - computers - alarms - TV
- Review products and procedures for environmental impact
- Energy usage - use EnergyStar appliances
- Toxicity - low VOC paints o Efficiency - make it work well
- Durability - use products that last and have low maintenance
- Have your builder draw up a "Rough Budget" showing the line items.
- Things will change as you finalize your plans - but start early - and adjust your budget
- Remember - you will spend more than you think - so set a budget lower than where you want to finish up
- Don't rely on square foot cost ballparks - they don't make any sense!
- Get the architect/designer layout a schedule of the planning process - including the permit process - then check it with your city/town
- Have your builder draw up a rough schedule while you are still planning the project
- Understand the linear fashion of construction - if you make a change in the middle of the project you can ruin your schedule!
- Get your builder to finalize the costs and draw up a specific contract.
- Base the payouts on milestones of completion in the project.
- Specify products and installation procedures - oversight - clean up - security of the job - warranty of the work - follow up after completion
- Re do the schedule based on the final plans and specifications.
- Keep your eye on the project but don't interfere
- Ask your builder to provide a schedule and keep updating it
- Require weekly meetings and project memos that show work done - to be done and RFI's (request for information)
- Get all the owners manuals and warranties for all the products used
- Finalize billing o Obtain notice of completion
- Obtain "signed off" building permit
- Finalize punch list items
Contact us to Learn More about our Services
Discount Remodeling Contractor Nashville